Type of Article : Original Research
Year: 2016 | Volume 4 | Issue 3 | Page No. 1550-1553
Date of Publication: 11-06-2016
A DESCRIPTIVE STUDY TO ASSESS THE PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME AND COPING BEHAVIOUR AMONG WOMEN
Camy Bhagat *, Paras Bhura.
Lecturer, BITS Institute of Physiotherapy, Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
Corresponding author: Dr. Camy Bhagat, PT., Lecturer, BITS Institute of Physiotherapy, Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
Premenstrual syndrome are the symptoms which occur during one week before menstruation and some time symptoms are so severe enough to disturb life cycle of a women. She adopt different method to cope-up with problem. A descriptive study was conducted among women to assess the premenstrual syndrome and coping behaviour among them. A total 248 women were selected for collection of data. The questionnaire consisted of two parts. Part one is assessment of premenstrual syndrome and part two is for check list on coping behaviour. The most commonly (79.43%) out of 248 having were lower abdominal pain. (66.12%) having backache, (52.01%) having low efficiency of work performance. Majority of them were using healthy coping strategies. (89.11%) do not blame themselves for the this problem, (75.40%) accept it as nothing can be done , (98.11%) take hot or cold drinks.
Key Words: Premenstrual Syndrome, Coping behaviour, Menstruation, Abdominal Pain, Low Back ache.
- Lori M Dickerson, Pamela J Mazyck, Melissa H Hunter. premenstrual syndrome. American family physician 2003;67(8):1-15.
- Premenstrual Syndrome. Premenstrual Syndrome Britannica 2008;1-4.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder (PMDD). (2008)
- Pre menstrual syndrome. Jason's Tribute ideas of life an international women holistic health resource group.
- Mortoie Joseph. Study of menstrual pattern of college girls of Poona. Indian Journal of obstetrics and gynecology 1986;161(6):1682-1687.
- Dickerson LM, Mazyck PJ, Hunter MH. Premenstrual syndrome. American family physician. 2003 Apr;67(8):1743-52.
- Premenstrual Syndrome. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America 1990;17(2):457-469.
- Abraham S. Menstruation, menstrual protection and menstrual cycle problems. The Medical Journal of Australia 1985;142:247-251.
- Amonda Milligan. Lifting the curse. Nursing times 1987;83(18):50-51.
- Cronje WH, Vashisht A, Studd JW. Hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy for severe premenstrual syndrome. Human Reproduction. 2004 Sep 1;19(9):2152-5.
Camy Bhagat, Paras Bhura. A DESCRIPTIVE STUDY TO ASSESS THE PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME AND COPING BEHAVIOUR AMONG WOMEN. Int J Physiother Res 2016;4(3):1550-1553. DOI: 10.16965/ijpr.2016.130