Type of Article: Original Research
Year: 2016 | Volume 4 | Issue 3 | Page No. 2656-2658
Date of Publication: 31-08-2016
ANATOMICAL VARIATIONS IN THE ORIGIN OF SUPERIOR THYROID ARTERY AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE
Manjunath CS * 1, Tejaswi Hiremarali Lokanathan 2.
*1 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan, Karnataka, India.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, B G Nagar, Karnataka, India.
Address: Dr.Manjunath C S, Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan- 573201, Karnataka, India.
Anatomy subject is considering the basic foundation of learning medicine. So it is important to understand the anatomy in depth. Some of the complicated structure cannot be illustrated in didactic lecture and therefore could not be easily understood. Such structure can be best demonstrated by making models. In this study some plastinated model were made and taught to the students along with the cadaveric specimen. After teaching, the questionnaire based on comparative between plastinated and cadaveric specimens were distributed to the students of various courses. Their feedback were collected, compared and statistically analyzed.
KEY WORDS: Plastination, Anatomy Teaching, Questionnaire, Cadaveric Specimens.
- Weiglein, A. H. Overview & General Principles of the Plastination Procedures. 8th Interim Conf Plast (Ohrid). 2005 Retrieved 27 January 2009.
- Gunther. The Idea behind plastination. Institute for Plastination. 2006. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Tiedemann K: A silicone-impregnated knee joint as a natural model for arthroscopy. J Int Soc Plastination 1988;2(1):13-17.
- Von Hagens G. Heidelberg plastination folder: Collection of all technical leaflets for plastination. Anatomisches Institut 1, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany, 1985.
- Oostrom K. Plastination of the heart. J Int Soc Plastination 1987;1(2):12-19.
- Bickley, Harmon C.; Robert S.Conner, Anna N. Walker and R. Lamar Jackson. Preservation of tissue by silicone rubber impregnation. Journal of the International Society for Plastination 1987;1(1): 30-39. ISSN 1090-2171. Retrieved 10 May 2009.
- Henry, Robert W, Larry Janick and Francis Paul Salmos. Specimen preparation for silicone plastination. Journal of the International Society for Plastination 1997;12(1). ISSN 1090-2171. Retrieved 27 January 2009.
- Holladay SD, Hudson LC. Use of plastinated brains in teaching neuroanatomy at the North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine". Journal of the International Society for Plastination 1989;3(1):15-17. Retrieved 19 May 2009.
- Snell R.S. Clinical anatomy 7th ed. Philadelphia; USA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.2004.p. 283.
Manjunath CS, Tejaswi Hiremarali Lokanathan. ANATOMICAL VARIATIONS IN THE ORIGIN OF SUPERIOR THYROID ARTERY AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE. Int J Anat Res 2016;4(3):2656-2658. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2016.295