Type of Article: Original Research
Year: 2016 | Volume 4 | Issue 3 | Page No. 2618-2621
Date of Publication: 31-07-2016
MORPHOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF UMBILICAL CORD IN NORMAL VS HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCIES IN POPULATION OF LUCKNOW, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
Mah Paiker *1, Gyan Prakash Mishra 2, Perrna Gupta 3, Shoba Bhatnagar 4.
*1 Tutor, Department of Anatomy, Career Institute of Medical Sciences, Uttar Pradesh, India.
2 Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy, Career Institute of Medical Sciences, Uttar Pradesh, India.
3 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Integral Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Kursi Road, Lucknow, India.
4 Professor, Department of Anatomy, Career Institute of Medical Sciences, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Address: Dr. Mah Paiker, Tutor, Department of Anatomy, Career Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Objective: The prime objective of the study is to compare and evaluate the morphological alteration in umbilical cord of normal and hypertensive pregnancies.
Materials and Methods: A total sample of 60 umbilical cord with placentae were collected for the study and various parameters like the length, diameter, site of insertion and the number of vessels were taken and compared between normal(group A) and gestational hypertension (group B) statistically.
Results: It was observed that, in group A we found the length of the umbilical cord, diameter of the cord and number of vessels to be31.4610.49, 1.36± 0.39, 3± 0.12 and in group B the values were 31.03± 10.94, 1.36±0.39, 2.95±0.25 respectively. No material variations were seen statistically in terms of length, diameter, site of insertions and the number of vessels between the two groups.
Conclusion: The study reveals that the morphological parameter of umbilical cord shows no significant changes in the dimension of the gestational hypertensive umbilical cords as compared to the controlled cases.
KEY WORDS: Umbilical cord, Hypertensive Pregnancies, gestational hypertension.
- British Dictionary definition 2007.
- Baptiste- Roberts .k, Salafia C M, Nicholson W K, Duggan .A, wang N Y and Brancati F .L. Maternal risk factor for abnormal placental growth. The National Collaborative Perinatal Project. BMC pregnancy and child birth. 2008; 8:44.
- Jain.L. Effect of pregnancy& Chronic Outcome on Pregnancy outcome. J perinatal. 1997;17(6):425-427.
- Kaauaaur.k ,Jouppila P, Kuikka J, Loutala H , Toivanen.J, Rekonen A. Inter Villous Blood Flow In Normal & Complicated Late Pregnancy Measured By Means Of Inter villous 133XE Method. Acta 0bstetrician et Gynaecological Scandinavica.1980;59(1):7-10.
- Robert Resnik MD, Intra Uterine Growth Restriction High- Risk Pregnancy Series: an expert view. American college of obstetricians & gynaecologists. 2002;99(3):490-496.
- Fawzia A Habib MD. Prediction Of low Birth Weight Infants from Ultra Sound Measurement of Placental Diameter and Placental Thickness. Ann Saudi med. 2002; 22(5-6):312-314.
- Peter kwabenaAppiah. Relationship between The Morphology of Placenta, Umbilical Cord and Perinatal Outcome; 2009.
- AsraAnjum, D. Suseelamma.S, Aritha, T.V.Ramani, D.Nagajyothi. Study of Morphologic Variation of 50 Placentae with Umbilical Cords and its Developmental relevance. International Journal of Anatomy and Research.2015;3(3):1259-66.
- Muhammad Yasoob, Zahra HaiderBokhari, MulazimHussainBokhari, Nadia Tazeen, Attiya Khalid. Histomorphic Study of Umbilical Cord in Gestational Hypertension & Preeclampsia. PJMHS 2014;8(3):545-549.
- Rita Rani Saha, NazmaFarhat, MallikaKarmakar. Study of Umbilical Cord in Pregnancy Induced Hypertension with and without Diabetes. Bangladesh Journal of Anatomy. 2014 January; 12(1):3-6.
- Bhavina. K, SundaraPandian S, Priya .G. A Study on Morphology of Placenta and Umbilical Cord in Hypertensive Pregnancy with and without Proteinuria. International Journal of Biomedical Research. 2013;04(01).
- Manirul Islam. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences.2013; 2(33):6322-27.
- AlkaUdainia, Mehta C.D. Study of Umbilical Cord in Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. National Journal of Med Res.2013;3(1):66-69.
- PrabhjotKaur, Subashkaushal, Ashish Sharma and Kuljit Singh. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience. 2014;2(6):108.
Mah Paiker, Gyan Prakash Mishra, Prerna Gupta, Shobha Bhatnagar. MORPHOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF UMBILICAL CORD IN NORMAL VS HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCIES IN POPULATION OF LUCKNOW, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA. Int J Anat Res 2016;4(3):2618-2621. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2016.293