Type of Article: Original Research
Year: 2016 | Volume 4 | Issue 2 | Page No. 2266-2268
Date of Publication: 30-04-2016
TRIANGLE OF BROCQ AND MOUCHET: AN ANATOMICAL STUDY IN HUMAN CADAVERIC HEART AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE
Siddharth Shankar Roy *1 Arpan Dubey, 2.
*1 Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
2 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Address: Dr. Siddharth Shankar Roy, Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar Shivaji Ward, Tili Road, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh 470001, India.
Introduction: Triangle of Brocq and Mouchet is an Arterio-venous triangle formed by Great Cardiac Vein(GCV), Anterior Interventricular Artery (AIA) and Circumflex Artery(CA) . The latter two are branches of Left Coronary Artery which lies on left side of anterior surface of the heart. The triangle is classified as closed, completely opened, inferiorly opened & superiorly opened on the pattern of disposition of these vessels. The triangle may also be absent.
Materials and Methods: We had studied in thirty cadaveric hearts of both sexes which were dissected in the Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar (M.P), India. Triangle of Brocq and Mouchet was identified and photographed.
Results: The triangle was found in 28 hearts( 93.33%) , in 02 hearts( 6.67%) it was not formed. In our study the most common was closed type as seen in 13 hearts( 46.43%) & least common was completely opened type as seen in 03 hearts ( 10.71%).
Conclusion: The aim of study was to provide information regarding anatomy of triangle in cadaveric hearts and knowledge of relation of these vessels forming its boundaries used in intravascular ultrasound of coronary arteries to help in identifying Pericardium , myocardium & vessels.
Key Words: Triangle of Brocq and Mouchet, Great Cardiac Vein (GCV), Anterior Interventricular Artery (AIA), Circumflex Artery (CA), cadaveric hearts, intravascular ultrasound.
- Mandarim –De – Lacerda, CA. Anatomia do coracao: clinica e cirurgica. Rio de Janeiro: Revinter, 1990.
- Bouchet A. and Cuilleret J. Anatomia descriptiva, topographica functional. Buenos Aires: Medica Panamericana, 1980.
- Pejkovich B, and Bogdanovich D. The great cardiac vein. Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy 1992;14(1):23-28.
- Sousa – Rodrigues ,CF. , Alcantra ,SF . , Silva, Wnv. , and Olave ,E. Trigono arterio- venoso del Corazon ( de Brocq & Mouchet ). International Journal of Morphology, 2004;22(4):291-296.
- Ortale JR, Gabriel EA, Lost C. & Marquez C. The anatomy of the coronary sinus and its tributaries. Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy 2001;23(1):15-21.
- Metz Yock & Fitzgerald. Intravascular ultrasound :basic interpretation . Cardiology Clinics 1997;15(1):1- 15.
- Andrade FM, Ribiero DC, Babinski MA, Cisne R, Goes ML. Triangle of Brocq & Mouchet in Brazilian cadavers and clinical implications .J Morphal Sci. 2010;27(3-4):127-129.
- Bharati D, Sathyamurthy B . An Anatomical Study of Triangle of Brocq & Mouchet in Human Cadaveric Heart & Its Clinical Relevance. IOSR – JDMS 2013;8:12-15.
- Bales GS. Great cardiac vein variations . Clinical Anatomy 2004;17(5):436-443.
Siddharth Shankar Roy, Arpan Dubey. TRIANGLE OF BROCQ AND MOUCHET: AN ANATOMICAL STUDY IN HUMAN CADAVERIC HEART AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE. Int J Anat Res 2016;4(2):2266-2268. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2016.192