Type of Article: Original Research
Year: 2015 | Volume 3 | Issue 4 | Page No. 1543-1547
Date of Publication: 30-11-2015
COMPARATIVE STUDY OF MIDLINE NASAL ERGONOMICS OFNORTH INDIAN MALES
Siddharth Shankar Roy *1, Abhijeet Yadav 2.
*1 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar (M.P.), India.
2 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (M.P.), India.
Address: Dr. Siddharth Shankar Roy, Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar(M.P.), India.
In the 19th and early 20th century, nasal shape, size and nasal indices were the most commonly measurement to differentiate races. A detailed study has been carried out in a random sample of 180 males in age group 18-24 years to neglect the affect of facial parameters in subject above 18 years of age. The study is aimed to determine a set of comparative standard values of the form of the North Indian young male nose and of its relevance to forensic science and clinical anthropometry. A highly significant comparison was found in the nasal indices of two ethnic groups, in the present study. The data revealed that the M.P. male had leptorrhin nose while U.P. male had mesorrhin nose. Various other parameters were also compared in a sample of 90 Madhya Pradesh and 90 Uttar Pradesh males.
KEY WORDS: Nasal Index, Nasal Indices, Mesorrhin, Leptorrhin, M.P.(Madhya Pradesh), U.P.(Uttar Pradesh), Ethnic Groups.
- Farkas L.G. Facial anthropometric measurements and facial indices. Contemporary arthodontics. 2nd ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 1993:144-5.
- Risely H.H., 1915. The people of India. 2nd edn., Crooke W ( Ed). 1968;395-399.
- Hajnis, K., Farkas, L.G., Ngim, R.C.K., Lee, S.T., Venkatadri, G., Racial and ethnic morphometric differences in the craniofacial complex. Anthropometry of the Head and Face, 1994;201-218. , Farkas LG, editor. New York: Raven Press.
- Martin R ,Saller K . Lehrbuch de Anthropologie , Gustav Fischer Verlag , Stuttgart.1957;67-73.
- Bhasin M.K. ,Bhasin Veena. India: an anthropological outline .Delhi :kamla raj enterprises;1994.
- Farkas, L. G.; Kolar, J. C. & Munro, I. R. Geography of the nose: a morphometric study. Aesthetic Plast. Surg., 1986;10(4):191-223.
Siddharth Shankar Roy, Abhijeet Yadav. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF MIDLINE NASAL ERGONOMICS OFNORTH INDIAN MALES. Int J Anat Res 2015;3(4):1543-1547. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2015.275