Type of Article : Original Research
Year: 2015 | Volume 3 | Issue 2 | Page No. 1162-1164
Date of Publication: 30-06-2015
DUPLICATION OF FEMORAL VEIN AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE
Deepali Onkar *1, Prashant Onkar 2.
*1Associate Professor Anatomy, 2 Associate Professor Radiodiagnosis.
NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Hingna road, Nagpur, India.
Address: Dr. Deepali Onkar, Associate Professor Anatomy, NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Hingna road, Nagpur, India. 440010
Ph No.: +91-712-2248590, +91-9822248570
Identification of an individual by estimation of stature has got medico-legal importance. In present study an attempt will be made to estimate the stature from percutaneous length of tibia. Study subject consists of 40 adult males and 40 adult females between the age group of 18- 30 years, born in Central India. Simple regression formula was derived showing the correlation between percutaneous length of tibia and stature of an individual.
Key Words: Stature, Tibia, Bone length, Regression equation.
- Mahadevan V. Pelvic girdle and lower limbs. In: Gray’s anatomy. 40th Ed. Edited by Standring S. Churchill Livingstone; 2008:1381.
- Screaton NJ, Gillard JH, Berman LH, Kemp PM. Duplicated superficial femoral veins: a source of error in the sonographic investigation of deep vein thrombosis. Radiology 1998;206:397-401.
- Liu GC, Ferris EJ, Reifsteck JR, Baker ME: Effect of anatomic variations on deep venous thrombosis of the lower extremity. Am J Roentgenol 1986;146:845-848.
- Casella IB, Presti C, Yamazaki Y, Vassoler AA, Furuya LA, Sabbag CD. A duplex scan-based morphologic study of femoral vein: Incidence and patterns of duplication. Vascular Medicine 2010;15(3):197.
- Caggiati A, Bergan JJ, Gloviczki P, Jantet G, Wendell-Smith CP, Partsch H. Nomenclature of the veins of the lower limbs. an international interdisciplinary consensus statement. J Vasc Surg 2002;36:416–422.
- Quinlan DJ, Alikhan R, Gishen P, Sidhu PS. Variations in lower limb venous anatomy: Implications for US diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis. Radiology 2003;228:443-448.
- Simpson WL, Krakowsi DM. Prevalence of lower extremity venous duplication. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2010;20:230-234.
- Wozniak G, Gortz H, Akinturk H, Dapper F, Hehrlein F, Alemany J. Superficial femoral vein in arterial reconstruction for limb salvage: outcome and fate of venous circulation. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 1998;39:405-41ne1.
Deepali Onkar, Prashant Onkar. DUPLICATION OF FEMORAL VEIN AND ITS CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE. Int J Anat Res 2015;3(2):1162-1164. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2015.189