Type of Article : Case Report
Year: 2015 | Volume 3 | Issue 1 | Page No. 838-840
Date of Publication: 31-01-2015
OPEN LIP SCHIZENCEPHALY WITH AGENESIS OF CORPUS CALLOSUM: A RARE EMBRYOLOGICAL DEFECT IN COMBINATION
Ashfaq ul Hassan *1, Shifan Khanday 2, Aijaz Rather 3, Muneeb ul Hassan 4.
*1 Lecturer, Clinical Anatomy Sheri Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences College Bemina, Srinagar Kashmir India.
2 Assistant Professor, Clinical Anatomy, Dubai Medical College for Girls, Dubai.
3 Associate Prof. Surgery SKIMS Medical College Bemina, Srinagar Kashmir India.
4 Assistant Surgeon, Health Sciences Kashmir, India.
Address: Dr Ashfaq ul Hassan, Lecturer Clinical Anatomy, Sheri Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences College Bemina, Srinagar, Kashmir, India. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A five week old newborne presented with recurrent abnormal movements . The child was borne of normal parents with non consangious marriage . There was no history of any ailment of mother during pregnancy and she was not on any drugs. The baby was borne by normal delivery and The CT Scan of the head showed Schizencephaly with Agenesis of Corpus Callosum with gyral malformation. There were no associated anomalies. Facial features were well developed and the muscle tone and power of the child was normal. The blood investigations were normal as was metabolic profile.
KEYWORDS: Callosum, Agenesis, Lateral Ventricle, Commissure, Forceps.
- Chayim Can Schell-Apacik, Kristina Wagner, Agenesis and Dysgenesis of the Corpus Callosum: Clinical, Genetic and Neuroimaging Findings in a Series of 41 Patients. Am J Med Genet A. 2008 October 1; 146A(19):2501–2511.
- Lynn K. Paul. Developmental malformation of the corpus callosum: a review of typical callosal development and examples of developmental disorders with callosal involvement. J Neurodev Disord. 2011 Mar;3(1):3-27
- Oh KY, Kennedy AM, Frias AE, Byrne JLB: Fetal schizencephaly: pre- and postnatal imaging with a review of the clinical manifestations. Radiographics 2005;25:647-57.
- Barkovich AJ, Chuang SH, Norman D: MR of neuronal migration anomalies.AJR Am J Roentgenol 1988 Jan;150(1):179-87.
- Kuzniecky RI, Barkovich AJ. Pathogenesis and pathology of focal malformations of cortical development and epilepsy. [Review]. J Clin Neurophysiol 1996; 13: 468–80.
- Del Campo M, Hall BD, Aeby A et al. Albinism and agenesis of the corpus callosum with profound developmental delay: Vicisyndrome, evidence for autosomal recessive inheritance. Am J Med Genet 1999;85:479-485.
Ashfaq ul Hassan, Shifan Khanday, Aijaz Rather, Muneeb ul Hassan. OPEN LIP SCHIZENCEPHALY WITH AGENESIS OF CORPUS CALLOSUM: A RARE EMBRYOLOGICAL DEFECT IN COMBINATION. Int J Anat Res 2015;3(1):838-840. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2014.560