Type of Article : Orginal
Year: 2014 | Volume 2 | Issue 4 | Page No. 657-659
Date of Publication: 30-11-2014
CONGENITAL DISLOCATION OF RIGHT HIP JOINT: IMPORTANCE OF DYNAMIC ASSESSMENT
Pranita viveki *1, R G Viveki 2.
*1 Tutor, Department of Anatomy, Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka, India.
2 Associate Professor, Department of Community Medicine, Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum, karnataka, India.
Address: Dr Mrs Pranita R Viveki, Tutor, Dept of anatomy, Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum 59001, Karnataka, India.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Congenital Dislocation of Hip (CDH), is one of the most common congenital diseases in the orthopedic field. It is also known as Developmental Dysplasia of Hip. The condition can be diagnosed by clinical, ultrasonographic and radiological examination. Here we are reporting two days old male baby with congenital dislocation of right hip joint. The goal of treatment is to obtain a reduction to provide an optimal environment for femoral head and acetabular development. Early diagnosis is the most crucial aspect of the treatment of children with congenital dislocation of hip. If dislocation remains undiagnosed or neglected, the secondary pathological changes take place. Education of primary care colleagues, in making the diagnosis and prompt referral for management is recommended.
KEYWORDS: Dislocation, Hip, Congenital, Treatment.
- Adams F. The Genuine Works Of Hippocrates, Vol 2. New York, 1886, Pp 131-132.
- Specht Ee. Congenital Dislocation Of The Hip (Medical Progress). West J Med 124:18-28, Jan 1976.
- Ramsey Pl. Early Detection And Treatment Of Congenital Hip Dislocation. Paper Read At The Annual Meeting Of The American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1973.
- Rang M. Anthology Of Orthopaedics. Edinburgh And London,E. And S. Livingstone, Ltd., 1966, Pp 128-130.
- Aium Practice Guideline For The Performance Of An Ultrasound Examination For Detection And Assessment Of Developmental Dysplasia Of The Hip. J Ultrasound Med. Jan 2009; 28(1):114-9 .
- Janssen D, Kalchschmidt K, Katthagen Bd. Triple Pelvic Osteotomy As Treatment For Osteoarthritis Secondary To Developmental Dysplasia Of The Hip. Int Orthop. Feb 12 2009. 5. Arts Td, Levine Db, Lim Wm, Et Al: Neonatal Diagnosis, Treatment And Related Factors Of Congenital Dislocation Of Hip, Clin Or Thop 1975; 110:112.
- Broughton Ns, Brougham Di, Cole Wg, And Menelaus Mb: Reliability Of Radiological Measurements In The Assessment Of The Child’s Hip, J Bone Jonit Surg 1989; 71-B: 6.
- Ortolani M. Congenital Hip Dysplasia In The Light Of Early And Very Early Diagnosis, Clin Orthop1976; 119:6.
- Barlow Tg. Early Diagnosis And Treatment Of Congenital Dislocation Of Hip, J Bone Joint Surg 1962; 44-B: 292.
- Pavlik. The Functional Method Of Treatment Using A Harness With Stirrups As The Primary Method Of Conservative Therapy For Infants With Congenital Displacement Of The Hip. Z Orthop 1957;89:3 4 1
- Takahashi. Functional Treatment Of Congenital (Riemenbügel). J Jap Orthop Assoc 1985;59:973-984. (Reprinted In Clin Orthop 1992, 2 8 1 , 4 - 1 0).
- Wynne-Davies R: Heritable Disorders In Orthopaedic Practice. London, Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1973, P 196.
Pranita viveki, R G Viveki. CONGENITAL DISLOCATION OF RIGHT HIP JOINT: IMPORTANCE OF DYNAMIC ASSESSMENT. Int J Anat Res 2014;2(4):657-659. DOI: 10.16965/ijar.2014.516